Can you top
these Canadian oriented humourous or informative anecdotes ?
Yes, then send it to:
Loonies Jokes or
A Canadian in Florida Dressed for Canada The Strong man
Polite Canadians eh.
Proud to Be Canadian
The Phone to Heaven
Top Reasons to live in.....
Canada Facts Quiz
Why FSU sings "O Canada" Canada Goes to War
A snowbird drives to Florida for
the winter and enters a large brothel.
The madam asks him to be seated and sends over a young lady to entertain the
client. They sit and talk, frolic a little, giggle a bit, drink a bit, and
she sits on his lap. He whispers in her ear and she gasps and runs away!
Seeing this, the madam sends over a more experienced lady to entertain the
gentleman. They sit and talk, frolic a little, giggle a bit, drink a bit,
and she sits on his lap. He whispers in her ear and she screams, No!" and
walks quickly away!
The madam is surprised that this ordinary looking man has asked for
something so outrageous that her two girls will have nothing to do with it.
She decides that only her most experienced lady, Lola, will do. Lola looks a
bit tired, but she has never said no and it doesn't seem likely that
anything would surprise her. So the madam sends her over. They sit and talk,
frolic a little, giggle a bit, drink a bit, and she sits on his lap. He
whispers in her ear and she screams, "NO WAY, BUDDY!" smacks him as hard as
she can and literally runs away!
Madam is by now absolutely intrigued, having seen nothing like this in all
her years of operating a brothel. She hasn't done the bedroom work herself
for a long time, but she did it for many years before she got into
management. She's sure she has said yes at one time or another to everything
a man could possibly ask for. The challenge is irresistible. She just has to
find out what this man has wanted that has made her girls so angry. And she
sees a chance she can't pass up to show off to her employees how good she
was at what they do.
So she goes over to him and says that she's the best in the house and she is
available. She sits and talks with him. They frolic a bit, giggle a bit, and
drink a little, and she sits in his lap. And he leans forward and whispers
in her ear, "Can I pay in Canadian dollars?"
Dressed for Canada
A couple are at the airport in Phoenix, awaiting
They are dressed in heavy boots, parka, scarf, mittens, and all ready to head
home to the Canadian winter.
An older American couple standing nearby are intrigued by their manner of dress.
The wife says to her husband, "Look at that couple. I wonder where they're
He replies, "How would I know?"
She counters, "You could go and ask them."
He says, "I don't really care. You want to know, you go ask them."
She decides to do just that, walks over to the couple and asks, "Excuse me, I’ve
noticed the way you're dressed and I wonder where you're from?"
The Canadian farmer replies, "Saskatoon, Saskatchewan."
The woman returns to her husband who asks, “So, where are they from?"
She replies, "I don't know. They don't speak English."
The Strong Man
At a local bar in downtown Pickering the owner &
bartender, was so sure that he was the strongest man around, that he offered a
standing $1000 bet.
The bartender would squeeze a lemon until all the juice ran into a glass, and
then hand the lemon to the patron.. Anyone who could squeeze two more drops of
juice out of it, would win the money.
Many people had tried,.....over the years: weightlifters, longshoremen, etc.,
but nobody had ever been able to do it.
One day, this scrawny little fellow came into the bar, wearing thick glasses and
a polyester suit. He sat down, ordered a glass of draft, & started looking
around the bar.
After reading the sign on the wall about the lemon challenge, he said in a small
voice: "I was just reading your sign, and I'd like to try the bet."
After the laughter had died down, the bartender said: "Ok,..." He grabbed a
lemon and squeezed the heck out of it...... Then he handed the wrinkled remains
of the rind to the little fellow. But the Crowd's laughter turned to total
silence.... as the man clenched his little fist around the lemon.... and six
drops fell into the glass. As the crowd cheered, the bartender paid the guy his
$1000, and then asked little man: "Do you mind if I ask what do you do for a
living? Are you a lumberjack, a weight-lifter, or what?" The little fellow
quietly replied: "I work for Revenue Canada."
Click to Return to top of page.
And They Say
Canadians Don't Brag.....
So, what do we Canadians have to be Proud of?
1. Smarties (not sold in the USA)
2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp (not sold in the USA)
3. The size of our footballs fields, one less down, and bigger balls.
4. Baseball is a Canadian - 1st game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll, ON
5. Lacrosse is Canadian
6. Hockey is Canadian
7. Basketball is Canadian
8. Apple pie is Canadian
9. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers
10. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin' Donuts
11. In the war of 1812, started by the Americans, Canadians pushed the Americans
their White House. Then we burned it, and most of Washington ... We got bored
because they ran away. Then, we came home and partied....Go figure.
12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.
13. We have the largest English population that never surrendered or withdrew
during any war to anyone, anywhere. EVER!
(We got clobbered in the odd battle but prevailed in ALL the wars)
14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.
15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary
who slept in and missed the whole thing. He showed up just in time to get
16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.
17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is
still around as the world's oldest company.
18. The average Canadian dog sled team can kill and devour a human in under 3
(More information than we need!)
19. We know what to do with the parts of a buffalo.
20. We don't marry our kin-folk...
21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, Velcro, zippers, insulin,penicillinand the
telephone. Andshort wave radios which save countless lives each year.
22. We have ALL frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about
23. A Canadian invented Superman.
24. We have coloured money.
25. Our beer advertisements kick ass... as does our beer.
AND MOST IMPORTANT ....
The handles on our beer cases are big enough for hands with mitts on.
Our elections only take one day!
Click to Return to top of page.
The Phone to Heaven
on vacation was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden
telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read '$10,000 per call'.
The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the
telephone was used for.
The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you
could talk to God.
The American thanked the priest and went along his way.
Next stop was in Atlanta. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same
golden telephone with the same sign under it.
He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and he
asked a nearby nun what its purpose was.
She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could
talk to God.
'O.K., thank you,' said the American.
He then traveled to Indianapolis, Washington DC , Philadelphia , Boston and New
York. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same '$10,000
per call' sign under it.
The American, upon leaving Vermont decided to travel up to Canada to see if
Canadians had the same phone.
He arrived in Canada, and again, in the first church he entered, there was the
same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read '40 cents per call.'
The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. 'Father, I've
traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many
churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in the US the price
was $10,000 per call.
Why is it so cheap here?'
The priest smiled and answered, 'You're in Canada now, son ... it's a local call
from Canada and The Villages, Florida
Click to Return to top of page.
Canada eh !
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA
1. Vancouver : 1.5 million people and two bridges. You do the math.
2. Your $400,000 Vancouver home is just 5 hours from downtown.
3. You can throw a rock and hit three Starbucks locations.
4. There's always some sort of deforestation protest going on.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN ALBERTA
1. Big rock between you and B.C.
2. Ottawa who?
Tax is 5% instead of
the approximately 200% it is for the rest of the country.
4. You can exploit almost any natural resource you can think of.
5. You live in the only province that could actually afford to be its own
6. The Americans below you are all in anti-government militia groups.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN SASKATCHEWAN
1. You never run out of wheat.
2. Your province is really easy to draw.
3. You can watch the dog run away from home for hours.
4. People will assume you live on a farm.
5. Daylight savings time? Who the hell needs that!
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN MANITOBA
1. You wake up one morning to find that you suddenly have a beachfront property.
2. Hundreds of huge, horribly frigid lakes.
3. Nothing compares to a wicked Winnipeg winter.
4. You can be an Easterner or a Westerner depending on your mood.
5. You can pass the time watching trucks and barns float by.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN ONTARIO
1. You live in the centre of the universe.
2. Your $400,000 Toronto home is actually a dump.
3. You and you alone decide who will win the federal election.
4. The only province with hard-core American-style crime.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN QUEBEC
1. Racism is socially acceptable.
2. You can take bets with your friends on which English neighbour will move out
3. Other provinces basically bribe you to stay in Canada .
4. You can blame all your problems on the "Anglo A*#!%!"
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN NEW BRUNSWICK
1. One way or another, the government gets 98% of your income.
2. You're poor, but not as poor as the Newfies.
3. No one ever blames anything on New Brunswick ..
4. Everybody has a grandfather who runs a lighthouse.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN NOVA SCOTIA
1. Everyone can play the fiddle. The ones who can't, think they can.
2. You can pretend to have Scottish heritage as an excuse to get drunk and wear
3. You are the only reason Anne Murray makes money.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
1. Even though more people live on Vancouver Island , you still got the big, new
2. You can walk across the province in half an hour.
3. You can drive across the province in two minutes.
4. Everyone has been an extra on "Road to Avonlea."
5. This is where all those tiny, red potatoes come from.
6. You can confuse ships by turning your porch lights on and off at night.
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN NEWFOUNDLAND
1. If Quebec separates, you will float off to sea.
2. If you do something stupid, you have a built-in excuse.
3. The workday is about two hours long.
4. It is socially acceptable to wear your hip waders to your wedding.
Let's face it: Canadians are a rare breed.
Click to Return to top of
The Official Canadian Temperature
50° Fahrenheit (10° C)
・ Californians shiver uncontrollably.
・ Canadians plant gardens.
35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)
・ Italian Cars won't start
・ Canadians drive with the windows down
32° Fahrenheit (0° C)
・ American water freezes
・ Canadian water gets thicker.
0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)
・ New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
・ Canadians have the last cookout of the season.
-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)
・ Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
・ Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.
-109.9° Fahrenheit (-78.5° C)
・ Carbon dioxide freezes makes dry ice.
・ Canadians pull down their earflaps.
-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)
・ Ethyl alcohol freezes.
・ Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg
-459.67° Fahrenheit (-273.15° C)
・ Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
・ Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"
-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
・ Hell freezes over.
・ The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup
Click to Return to top of
So you think you know Canada eh? Then
click here for a very interesting and
possibly embarrassing test. Use your back button to return here.
In the did you ever wonder department,
click here to find out why the Animals
of Section "B" sing O Canada at Florida State University (FSU) baseball games.
Use your back button to return here.
Return to top of page.
Canada Goes to War !
President Barack Obama was in the Oval Office when his telephone rang.
"Hallo, President Obama" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Archie, up ere
at the Harp Seal Pub in Badger's Cove, Newfoundland, Canada, eh. I am callin' to
tells ya dat we are officially declaring war on ya!"
"Well Archie," Barack replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your
"Right now," said Archie, after a moments calculation "there is myself, me
cousin Harold, me next-door-neighbor Mick, and the whole dart team from the pub.
That makes eight!"
Barack paused. "I must tell you Archie that I have one million men in my army
waiting to move on my command."
"Wow," said Archie. "I'll have at call ya back!"
Sure enough, the next day, Archie called again. " Mr. Obama, the war is still
on! We have managed to acquire some infantry equipment!"
"And what equipment would that be Archie?" Barack asked.
"Well sir, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Harry's farm tractor."
President Obama sighed. "I must tell you Archie, that I have 16,000 tanks and
14,000 armored personnel carriers. Also I've increased my army to one and a half
million since we last spoke."
"Lord above", said Archie, "I'll be getting back to ya."
Sure enough, Archie rang again the next day.. " President Obama, the war is
still on! We have managed to git ourselves airborne! We up an' modified
Harrigan's ultra-light wit a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys
from the Legion have joined us as well!"
Barack was silent for a minute then cleared his throat. "I must tell you Archie
that I have 10,000 bombers and 20,000 fighter planes. My military complex is
surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last
spoke, I've increased my army to TWO MILLION!"
"Jumpins," said Archie, "l'll have at call youse back."
Sure enough, Archie called again the next day. "President Obama! I am sorry to
have to tell you dat we have had to call off dis 'ere war."
"I'm sorry to hear that" said Barack. "Why the sudden change of heart?"
Well, sir," said Archie, "we've all sat ourselves down and had a long chat over
a bunch of pints, and come to realize dat dere's no way we can feed two million
CANADIAN CONFIDENCE CAN NOT BE SHAKEN
Click to Return to top of
Four old retired guys are walking down a street in The Villages in Florida...
They turned a corner and see a sign that says, 'Old Timers Bar - ALL drinks 10
cents'. They look at each other, and then go in, thinking this is too good to be
The old bartender says in a voice that carries across the room, "Come on in and
let me pour one for you! What'll it be, Gentlemen?" There seemed to be a
fully-stocked bar, so each of the men ordered a martini. In short order, the
bartender serves up four iced martinis...shaken, not stirred, and says, "That'll
be 10 cents each, please." The four men stare at the bartender for a moment.
Then look at each other.
They can't believe their good luck. They pay the 40 cents, finish their
martinis, and order another round.
Again, four excellent martinis are produced with the bartender again saying,
"That's 40 cents, please."
They pay the 40 cents, but their curiosity is more than they can stand. They
have each had two martinis and so far they have spent less than a dollar.
Finally one of the men says, "How can you afford to serve martinis as good as
these for a dime a piece?"
"I'm a retired tailor from Phoenix," the bartender said, and I always wanted to
own a bar. Last year I hit the Lottery jackpot for $125 million and decided to
open this place. Every drink costs a dime...wine, liquor, beer, it's all the
"Wow!!!! That's quite a story," says one of the men.
The four of them sipped at their martinis and couldn't help but notice seven
other people at the end of the bar who didn't have drinks in front of them, and
hadn't ordered anything the whole time they were there.
One man gestures at the seven at the end of the bar without drinks and asks the
bartender, "What's with them?"
The bartender says, "Oh, they're all old retired farts from Canada. They're
waiting for Happy Hour when drinks are half price."
Return to top of page.